[OS X TeX] Equation Service/Editor Recommendation?

Rob Preuss rpreuss at bbn.com
Tue Jan 16 23:43:18 CET 2007

Hello,

I would like to be able to include LaTeX equations in my
PowerPoint presentations.

I have installed both "Equation Service 1.0" as well as
"Equation Editor 1.3" on my system. Neither application
seems to have been updated since 2003 but they both try
to create PDFs that I can include in my presentations.

Does anyone have experience with these applications?
Which do you think is better, or would you recommend
that I use something else?

Thanks, Rob

PS) I am using TeX Shop (2.09d) with PDF TeX on this path...

     /usr/local/gwTeX/bin/i386-apple-darwin-current

     I installed this on my new C2D MacBook Pro on 12/23/06
     with all these packages

     a) FreeType 2
     b) libwmf
     c) PNG Library