[OS X TeX] Creating a glossar

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Jan 16 13:51:02 CET 2007

On Jan 16, 2007, at 4:34 AM, Christian Burk wrote:

> But a question more. I got some items with very large descriptions
> and for that reason I would like to have all the glossary entries
> written in a seperate file and then using something like \include
> or \input to get the glossary inside the document.
>
> How would that be possible?
>

> Thanks
> Christian

Howdy,

Now we're beyond my understanding of the glossary package. My
impression is that the makeindex run does something like that and the
\printglossary command is like an \input command (not \include ---
but commenting the \printglossary command would do a similar thing
since it's usually near the end of the document). I'd carefully read
the documentation for the glossary package and see all of its
capabilities.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)