[OS X TeX] TeX-savvy, cross-platform chat?

Michael S. Hanson mshanson at wesleyan.edu
Mon Jan 15 23:06:15 CET 2007

On Jan 15, 2007, at 4:32 PM, Jung-Tsung Shen wrote:

> On 1/15/07, david craig <dac at panix.com> wrote:
>>
>> Is there any cross-platform chat software out there that's TeX-savvy?
>
> iStorm
>
> http://www.mathgamehouse.com/istorm/
>
> Not free, though. Not particular for chatting purporse either.

	Not to mention, not cross-platform (AFAICT).

	If you were chatting Mac-to-Mac, using LaTeXiT to create mini PDFs
that you could exchange with iChat might work OK.  No ideas how to do
that Mac-to-Windows myself.

	Related:  I've always wondered whether it would be possible to
create a Mail plugin that would render (La)TeX code.  Maybe someday....

                                         -- Mike