[OS X TeX] FixMe - Issues with TeXShop<->TextMate

Christian Heine christian at geosci.usyd.edu.au
Mon Jan 15 22:40:02 CET 2007

Pete,
> Could you be so kind and let us see the LOG files, too?
> Some of us can read ...
Dick Koch contacted me off list and I realised by looking closer at both
logs, that TextMate uses pdfTeXk instead of pdfTeX. The logs are about
1500 lines, so I'd rather avoid an email with 3000 lines although I
honestly do believe that approximately 100% of the people subscribed to
the list can actually read. The heads of both logs are attached below. A
brief look at both logs using diff returned a different version of pdfsync
between TextMate's Latex.bundle and the one in ~/Library/texmf/ and a
different \c at fixme*count. Apart from that the logs are similar.

Typesetting the same file using the Terminal and TeXShop give the same PDF
(using pdfTeX) with the fixme notes with unbroken lines, tested with
Preview.app, PDFview and Acrobat6. Typesetting the file with TextMate
(pdfTeXk) gives a PDF with proper fixme notes, also tested in the
beforementioned PDF viewers.

So my question is: What's the difference between pdfTeXk and pdfTeX and why
(and how) does this make the fixme package behave differently? I couldn't
'locate pdftexk' on my machine.

Apparently a similar issue popped up on the textmate mailinglist:
http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/textmate/2006-December/016438.html

Cheers,
Christian

TeXShop:
-----------------------------------
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.141592-1.40.0-rc4 (Web2C 7.5.5)
 \write18 enabled.
entering extended mode
(./Thesis.tex
LaTeX2e <2005/12/01>
Babel <v3.8h> and hyphenation patterns for english, usenglishmax, dumylang,
noh
yphenation, basque, bulgarian, coptic, welsh, czech, slovak, german,
ngerman, d
anish, spanish, catalan, galician, esperanto, estonian, finnish, french,
greek,
 monogreek, ancientgreek, croatian, hungarian, interlingua, ibycus,
indonesian,
 icelandic, italian, latin, mongolian, dutch, norsk, polish, portuguese,
pinyin
, romanian, russian, slovene, uppersorbian, serbian, swedish, turkish,
ukenglis
h, ukrainian, loaded.
(/usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.texlive/tex/latex/memoir/memoir.cls
Document Class: memoir 2005/09/25 v1.618 configurable document class

[rest snipped]

TextMate:
This is pdfTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.40.0-rc4 (Web2C 7.5.5) (format=pdflatex
2007.1.6)  15 JAN 2007 21:56
entering extended mode
 file:line:error style messages enabled.
**Thesis.tex