[OS X TeX] [ANN] BibDesk 1.3

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Sat Jan 13 17:33:30 CET 2007

On Jan 13, 2007, at 04:24, Niels Kobschätzki wrote:

> On Jan 13, 2007, at 12:33 PM, Roussanka Loukanova wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> How do I upgrade my BibDesk?
>>
>> I have a fresh download of  MacTeX_Additions +  TeXLive-2006.dmg
>> (full...) on a MacBook Pro.
>>
>> In the BibDesk menu:
>>
>> BibDesk -> About BibDesk
>> Version 1.2.10 (v483)
>>
>> Then:
>> BibDesk -> Check for Updates...
>> BibDesk is up to date
>> You have the most recent version of BibDesk.
>>
>> In the BibDesk Preferences -> General I have checked up
>> Check for updates automatically
>>
>> But, you are announcing BibDesk 1.3.
>
> download it from the side and replace the version in your apps-
> folder with the new one…

Niels is correct.

As far as the update check goes, we rewrote that entirely, so 1.2.x
users on 10.3.9 won't be perpetually annoyed with notices to update to
1.3 (although they'll be notified if we release 1.2.11).

Unfortunately, a side effect is that /no/ users of 1.2.10 will be
notified that 1.3 is available.  We designed the new update checker so
that this problem won't occur in future (e.g. when we move from 1.3.x
to 1.4).

regards,
Adam