[OS X TeX] FYI: BBEdit updated to 8.6, significant improvements in the TeX handling.

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 10 23:19:02 CET 2007

For your information:

BBedit has been updated to version 8.6, and the TeX module received
some (needed) attention. From the release notes:

The TeX language module has been significantly enhanced, with folding
support, improved section/subsection detection for the function menu,
much more robust math-mode detection, and greatly enhanced LaTeX
support. These changes resolve various reported bugs, as well.

If you wish to place a "marker" in the function menu, you can write a
comment of the following form:

%: this is a mark

This comment syntax matches that used by TeXShop.

The new TeX module also includes some support for ConTeXt, in the
form of recognition and generation of fold ranges for \startXXX...
\stopXXX environments, and special-case support for the "mode"
environment (we ignore the contents of the mode environment, because
it often contains out-of-order environment start/stop commands which
can confuse the parser).

(end quote)

There are more changes, but this is it for TeX. The update is free
for 8.5 users.

Maarten
--
Sen. Danforth: "There is nothing on the face of the album which would
notify you if the record has pornographics material or material