[OS X TeX] Installing of calligra

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Tue Jan 9 22:49:55 CET 2007

On Jan 9, 2007, at 20:47 , Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 9 janv. 07 à 18:23, Herbert Schulz a écrit :
>
>> I wonder if there are type 1 versions of these fonts since using
>> mf would, I believe, produce bitmap fonts (at some designated
>> resolution) as well as the font metric files. Bitmap fonts tend to
>> look pretty bad on the screen (maybe not as bad in large sizes?)
>> but should print fine if the bitmaps are designed for the printer
>> resolution.
>
> There's apparently no PostScript Type 1 version of the font, but
> Gerben's providing an i-Package for mftrace (the system used to
> produce the Latin Modern fonts if I'm not mistaken). I've no idea
> whether or not mftrace is simple to use, but that might be worth
> trying.

Latin Modern fonts are not created by tracing bitmaps. CM-Super is.
LM fonts are fonts created from Metafont sources through the
Metatype1 system. Probably this is a Metafont subset that allows
conversion to Type1 and OpenType, but I do not know the details.

CM-Super has been created using Autotrace.