[OS X TeX] Need help with sed command.

Norman Gray norman at astro.gla.ac.uk
Mon Jan 8 19:10:18 CET 2007

Herbert, hello.

On 2007 Jan 8 , at 01.33, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> I'm trying to build a temporary BIBINPUTS environment variable by
> storing the output of
>
> kpsewhich --show-path=bib

You do say `don't ask why', but just in case it helps avoid sed
hackery, are you aware that an empty path in the relevant environment
variable causes the kpse searching algorithms to insert the default
path at that point?

Thus

% kpsepath bib
.:/Volumes/Lagrange/Users/norman/Library/texmf/bibtex/bib//:<BLAH>:!!/
usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/bibtex///
% export BIBINPUTS=/my/place::/last/ditch
% kpsepath bib
/my/place:.:/Volumes/Lagrange/Users/norman/Library/texmf/bibtex/bib//
<BLAH>:!!/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/bibtex///:/last/ditch

Just in case....

Norman

----
Norman Gray  /  http://nxg.me.uk
eurovotech.org  /  University of Leicester, UK