[OS X TeX] Installation problem with gwTeX

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Mon Jan 8 11:38:04 CET 2007

On Jan 8, 2007, at 09:25 , Rahul Ratan wrote:

> Hi all,
>        I just installed gwtex with i-installer after uninstalling
> my earlier tetex version of tex. I checked /usr/texbin and I have
> circular symlinks for pdftex and pdfetex:
>
> rahulr:~$ls -al /usr/texbin/pdftex
> lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  staff  7 Jan  8 00:36 /usr/texbin/pdftex ->
> pdfetex
> rahulr:~$ls -al /usr/texbin/pdfetex
> lrwxrwxrwx   1 501  staff  6 Jan  8 00:19 /usr/texbin/pdfetex ->
> pdftex
>
> as a result latex which also points to pdftex is not working. My
> PATH includes /usr/texbin/ and the environment variables seems to
> be OK. I did get a warning about a personal configuration file
> during the install. How can this be rectified?

Well, this could be the effect of running texlinks with a fmtutil.cnf
that has old entries, though on my system, the pdftex binary is *not*
replaced when I run texlinks (I get an error message). I am currently
updating the i-Package with new binaries and a new fmtutil.cnf and
better checks. I have no idea if this in some way causes your weird
situation, though.

The fmtutil.cnf file has been in transition lately in the run up to
TL2006.

There will be an i-Package update today.