[OS X TeX] Installation problem with gwTeX

Rahul Ratan rratan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 09:25:25 CET 2007

Hi all,
        I just installed gwtex with i-installer after uninstalling my
earlier tetex version of tex. I checked /usr/texbin and I have
circular symlinks for pdftex and pdfetex:

rahulr:~$ls -al /usr/texbin/pdftex
lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  staff  7 Jan  8 00:36 /usr/texbin/pdftex -> pdfetex
rahulr:~$ls -al /usr/texbin/pdfetex
lrwxrwxrwx   1 501  staff  6 Jan  8 00:19 /usr/texbin/pdfetex -> pdftex

as a result latex which also points to pdftex is not working. My PATH
includes /usr/texbin/ and the environment variables seems to be OK. I
did get a warning about a personal configuration file during the
install. How can this be rectified?

Thanks,
Rahul