[OS X TeX] latest update of gwtex i-package

Philipp Mathey pmathey at uwo.ca
Fri Jan 5 22:21:45 CET 2007

Ok, I was mistaken to assume that the fontspec folder at CTAN(v.1.12)
contains the fontspec.sty and fontspec.cfg files. Fortunately I found
those
files in my old teTeX tree. Otherwise I don't know where I would have
found them. With them, everything works.

Also, I think the 'sudo texhash' was unnecessary' for TeX to see
the files in ~/Library/texmf/

I still would like to know how I could create an 'archived'
version of gwTEX. I understand, every time i-packages are updated,
the old version gets erased (?).  It would be nice to somehow keep
the old version somewhere, at least for a while, so that if an update
breaks something one
can easily switch back. A bit like how one can switch between TeX
distributions
via the System Preferences panel. However, there the switch concerns
different TeX distros. Why not the same thing for different versions,
i.e. versions with different time stamps, of the same TeX distro ?
Then the TeX distribution panel would show something like
gwTeX - 01/10/07
gwTeX-12/21/06
TeXLive-....
TeXLive-....