[OS X TeX] OT: ``Lineform'' drawing program

Jeffrey J Weimer weimerj at email.uah.edu
Fri Jan 5 21:32:28 CET 2007

On Jan 5, 2007, at 12:01 AM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> Herbert Schulz wrote:
>
>> On Jan 4, 2007, at 12:50 PM, William Adams wrote:
>>
>>> Just came across this. It looks quite promising and one of the
>>> example files even includes embedded LaTeXiT equations (w/ a nifty
>>> interest to some people here.
>>

>> Looks pretty nice from that URL. Have you ever used Create? Love it!
>
> Well, yeah, they all look nice. Is there somewhere a real features
> comparison among them all?

FWIW, I am currently testing Intaglio, Lineform, and EazyDraw as
replacements for ClarisDraw (which actually still runs great in
Classic mode). My objective is to be able to draw (simple) pictures
as illustrations of concepts for lecture notes (and text material) in
chemistry and materials science/engineering oriented courses. The
LaTeX link to this notice is, I will be importing the PDF images into
Beamer and into my course notes generated via LaTeX.

I posted a review of my first experiences with the three programs on
the Lineform Forum

	http://forum.freeverse.com/viewtopic.php?id=357

I was unaware of Create ... it could be worth considering for the
Object paradigm it uses, though it seems better as a tool specialized
to Web design and is bit more expensive than the above three
applications. I have not yet worked through any of the implications
of having LinkBack options, for example as a means of appending/
accessing LaTeXiT generated equations directly within/from the
graphic file.

I'd be glad to comment further on my experiences off-line from this
list (contact me via email).

--
J. J. Weimer, Chemistry / Chemical & Materials Engineering
University of Alabama in Huntsville, MSB 125, 301 Sparkman Dr