[OS X TeX] mpm and switch to gwTeX

Alex Hamann Alexander.Hamann at stud-mail.uni-wuerzburg.de
Thu Jan 4 15:52:28 CET 2007

I had been using old teTeX-based TeX with mpm until recently I
switched to new TeXLive!-based gwTeX (latest update from tonight).
I guess I have to modify mpm configuration in order to teach it how
to work with the new set up.
If I understand the instructions on the MikTeX website correctly
compiling mpm on a system also detects and sets the correct install
location (i.e. the texmf.local), right? the other option, using sudo
mpm --install-root=~/texmf --update-db, would set the install
location for this one installation process only, right? So the next
time I perform some kind of installation without the --install-root
option mpm will use the old set up defined during the configuration
process?
The new texmf.local resides inside gwTex (/usr/local/gwtex/texmf.local)?

Best
Alex