[OS X TeX] Save date-time, not Print date

jan at linguist.umass.edu jan at linguist.umass.edu
Thu Jan 4 11:52:14 CET 2007

Quoting Alain Schremmer <Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com>:

> > If you have to recompile a file to change a few parameters but want
> > to show an unchanging date/version stamp as a sign of a "master"
> > version, consider using a date/version code. Try the following to see ..
> >
> > \documentclass{article}
> > \newcommand{\theFileVersion}{2006.12.11}
> > \begin{document}
> > \footnotetext{This file is version \theFileVersion}
> > This document was compiled \today.
> > \end{document}
>
> It looks like it and I will try it tomorrow.

Depending on the text editor you use, there might also be a way of
inserting/updating the date/time information everytime you save the .tex file.

With the help of others, I once figured out how to accomplish that with
TextWrangler, but I think I remember you using TexShop - hopefully other
TexShop users will know whether, and if, how, one can do such a thing.

Cheers,
Jan