[OS X TeX] problem with man files

John Rawnsley j.rawnsley at warwick.ac.uk
Tue Jan 2 13:27:03 CET 2007

On 2 Jan 2007, at 11:00, Martin Stokhof wrote:

> Hi John,
> Thanks for the help. Your shortened version gets rid of the "unable to
> make sense" complaint, but now every time I invoke man the answer is
> that there is no such manual entry. I checked the permissions, the
> various man entries are all readable. Any further suggestions?
> Thanks again,
> Martin
> (Btw I am running 10.3.9)
On my 10.3.9 machine, this setup works so something is amiss in yours.

Try the commands

echo $PATH
manpath

and see what paths are returned.

The first should give a path containing /usr/texbin
and the second /Library/TeX/Distributions/.DefaultTeX/Contents/Man

John
--
  John Rawnsley * <http://go.warwick.ac.uk/jhrawnsley>