[OS X TeX] TeXLive 2006 (MacTeX) is not detected...

Franck Pastor pastor at fusl.ac.be
Tue Jan 2 12:14:25 CET 2007

Hello,

I have just installed the Mac TeX "TeXLive 2006" package. gwTeX and
gwTeX-2003-2005 had been already installed before, via i-installer. I
have of course set TeXShop's search path to "/usr/texbin". But if I
switch to TeXLive-2006 in the TeX distribution panel of System
Preferences, TeXShop refuses to work.

The message I got from TeXShop is "/usr/texbin/pdflatex does not
exist. Perhaps teTeX was not installed or was removed during a system
upgrade. If so, go to the TeXShop web site and follow the
instructions to (re)install teTeX. Another possibility is that a tool
path is incorrectly configured in TeXShop preferences. This can
happen if you are using the fink teTeX distribution."

It does not work with the terminal, either: it is the old teTeX's
pdflatex command (version 1.30) which is seen by the terminal. Here
is my PATH variable, by the way:

/sw/bin:/sw/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/
texbin:~/bin:.:/Applications/mosek/4/tools/platform/osx32ppc/bin:/usr/
X11R6/bin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current

However, everything work fine if I switch to gwTeX or gwTeX-2003-2005
in System Preferences ...

Any ideas of what went wrong? I am a bit lost ...