[OS X TeX] LyX with TeXLive 2007

Rene Borgella macmechanic at fastmail.fm
Wed Feb 28 14:44:25 CET 2007

Hi all:

I have switched over to TeXLive (the larger, complete one) and usually
work with TeXShop. I occassionally use LyX however.  I installed the
MacExtras too and want to install the LyX contained.

Here's my problem ....

My understanding is that one runs LyX-installer.app first. However, when
I run that, I get two error messages

1) 'can't find texmf.local'

I hit 'OK"  and then see

2) 'Cannot create /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/latex
directory. Please do so manually.

3) I then get (ok, that's NOT two error messages ;-)

Cannot install preview, srcltx and LyX's additional classes and styles

What is the best way to deal with this?  Should I create those
directories and then run the installer again?  I was wondering if I
should do this and make a symlink back to the texlive directories ....

TIA,

Rene

ps

I see:

drwxr-xr-x    4 root  wheel   136 Feb 27 00:37 texlive

then

drwxr-xr-x    4 root  wheel  136 Feb 27 00:37 .
drwxr-xr-x   13 root  wheel  442 Feb 27 23:09 ..
drwxr-xr-x    8 root  wheel  272 Feb 11 21:53 2007
drwxr-xr-x    9 root  wheel  306 Feb 27 21:28 texmf-local

are these the permissions I should see for the texlive directory?