[OS X TeX] Installing packages not available as iInstaller-Packages

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Wed Feb 28 13:18:33 CET 2007

Le 28 févr. 07 à 11:19, Roussanka Loukanova a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>
>> Le 27 févr. 07 à 19:14, Axel E. Retif a écrit :
>>
>>> The advantage of installing in ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/
>
> Installing a package in
>
> ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/
>
> may have disadvantages in cases like this:
>
> 1. a style package (or something like that) is already in
> TeXLive-07, but not in gwTeX, and
> 2. the user typesets a file.tex which uses that package, while
> TeXLive-07 is the active distribution.

?????

Latex is rather difficult to use, to introduce additional difficulties.
The simplest solution is to choose a distribution and to work with
this one.

It is very surprising of currently reading the OSX TEX List.
It seems that the normal situation, that is to say to have one,
two, even three distributions TEX on its Mac.

I understand that a phase of transition is been necessary
  but I do not see which difference, there is between now
  a distribution and another.
It is possible to install any package on any distribution...

Each package has a readme on CTAN and the installation of most
complicated
is made in general by the distributions.
These distributions also have files which explain how to use them .

  It seems to me that the current evolution will disturb much users.

Greetings (sorry for my bad english)

Alain