[OS X TeX] Re: Font *** not loaded: Not enough room left

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Wed Feb 28 06:44:39 CET 2007

On Feb 28, 2007, at 2:00 AM, Axel E. Retif wrote:

> Subject: Font *** not loaded: Not enough room left
> From: "Axel E. Retif" <axel.retif at mac.com>
> Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 02:07:11 -0600
>
> Dear TeXperts:
>
> Typesetting a document with MinionPro in TeXLive-2007 (pdfLaTeX, not
> XeLaTeX) I ran into
>
> ! Font T1/MinionPro-TOsF/bx/n/11.5=MinionPro-Semibold-tosf-t1 at
> 11.5pt not loaded: Not enough room left.
>
> It typesets fine in gwTeXLive, so I guess it's a memory problem,
> right? If so, as far as I remember, I have to increase the memory in
> texmf.cnf and rebuild formats ---is this correct?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>

> Axel

Yes, that's right. Locate the texmf.cnf that your installation is
using (kpsewhich texmf.cnf), open and edit it. The value you're
looking for is font_mem_size (around line 520, I think), and you can
set it to a value up to 4000000; the default is too low for use with
fonts with extended kerning information (like many Adobe fonts).

HTH

Thomas