[OS X TeX] Suggestion for TeXShop

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 19:57:26 CET 2007

Christian Burk wrote:

> Am 27.02.2007 um 10:23 schrieb Ralph Martin:
>
>> [...] TeXShop already has a "Go to error" button in the log window,
>> which is very handy.
>>
>> How about a "Go to warning" button?
>> OR
>> Making the "Go to error" button also take you to warnings?
>>
>> Often, TeX warnings can be quite significant things that really do
>> need fixing up (e.g. overfull hboxes), and this facility would make
>> it easier to find and fix such problems.[...]
>

> I would like such a feature too, but much more I would appreciate if
> the "Go to Error" button would work on tex files which work with
> \include and \includeonly.

That would indeed be very nice.

On the other hand, as for the overfull boxes, I seem to recall that,
say, a year and half ago the advice was "not to worry and, on your last
run, just turn the synchronization off" and I gladly followed it since,
as long as LaTeX typesets I am perfectly happy.

Regards
--schremmer