[OS X TeX] Installing packages not available as iInstaller-Packages

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Tue Feb 27 19:14:14 CET 2007

On 27 Feb, 2007, at 10:05 , Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 27.02.2007 um 15:41 schrieb Maik Stührenberg:
>
>> I know that the missing packages can be found on CTAN (I've already
>> downloaded them) but my question is where do I install (copy) the
>> respective files on my MacBook?
>
> The files go into the texmf.pkgs branch of the gwTeX tree or the
> texmf-local branch of the texlive tree (parallel to the <year>
> distributions). (But I can be wrong here: I am not using any of them.)
>
> Installation works with sudo only. It is finished with 'sudo texhash'.

The advantage of installing in ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/, as Herb
Schulz suggested, is that if you have more than one current
distribution (as I do: gwTeX-2003-2005, gwTeX and TeXLive-2007), you
just install in one place and any active distro will see your packages.

Now ---I'm really curious: if you're not using gwTeX or TeXLive, what
distribution are you using?

Best,

Axel