mactex.tar.gz (complete ... Re: [OS X TeX] final tex live 2007

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Feb 22 22:55:15 CET 2007

On Feb 22, 2007, at 3:38 PM, Roussanka Loukanova wrote:

> Now, I have a question where to move the folder "mactex" (with the
> Demos, Documentation, Extras, etc.) After the download,
> "mactex.tar" expended into "mactex", which is saved on the Desktop,
> which is clearly, not a right place to keep it). Should I move it
> in /Applications/TeX/?
>
> Roussanka

Howdy,

Burn it to CD and put it away for future use. There is way too much
software that you might want to play with at a future date but you
sure don't need all those dmg files taking up space on your system.
The basic GUI things that were installed are plenty and you just
might want to install CocoAspell---which is in the Extras/Spell
Checkers/ folder---also. Just enjoy the system for a while! :-)

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)