[OS X TeX] final tex live 2007

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Wed Feb 21 18:57:12 CET 2007

On Feb 21, 2007, at 11:44 AM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> Peter Dyballa wrote:

>>> I meant only "with respect to TeXShop?
>>

>> Yes, I was not precise here, too: you'll be able to use TeXShop 2!
>> It  is based on some new PDF framework (PDFKit) that enables nice
>> things  with hyperref
>
> I got burnt with hyperref so I don't care about that.

That may be, but the new TeXShop also offers much nicer syncing
between the source and the preview. On the 600+ page book we are
writing, this has proven to be invaluable.

>> More advantages: synching  based on searching strings in PDF
>
> That is good. Does the synching also go from source to pdf? Just
> curious as I am quite happy with synching from pdf to source since
> it works with included files.

Yes, it goes both ways.

>> Disadvantages: seems  to be more buggy ...
>
> That is I thought I would wait some more.

It has been my experience that it is equally buggy -- no more, no
less. :-)

>> TeXShop 1.37 still works on Tiger.
>
> Does this really mean that, with TeXShop 1.43 I can first upgrade
> to Tiger and then, a while after that, upgrade to TeXShop 2? (My
> somewhat frailed nerves may not take two upgrades at once.) Really,
> my main worry is how much I will have to modify the magnum opus
> (over 20,000 files  including .aux etc and graphic files but still
> a lot of .tex files.)

You should be able to move to the new TeXShop with no changes to your
source files (except maybe the %!TEX root commands at the top of
source files).

All the best,
   Gary