[OS X TeX] euro symbol?

Jeffrey Roland jroland at lsu.edu
Tue Feb 20 23:59:28 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm having difficulty producing a euro symbol.  I found a message in
the archives that helped me install Adobe's eurofonts, and I'm trying
to use those with the eurosans package to get the symbol.  But when I
try to typeset, I get the following error message:

! Font U/eurosans/m/n/10.95=zpeurs at 10.95pt not loadable: Metric
(TFM) file n
ot found.

I'm enough of a novice that I have little idea what this message
means, and even less how to go about fixing whatever's causing it.
I'm missing (or LaTeX isn't finding) something.  Any help on what
that is and where it belongs would be appreciated.  Also, if there's
a more straightforward way to get a euro symbol with TeXShop 2.09d
(gwTeX) running on a PPC machine with OS 10.4.8, I'm all ears.

TIA,

Jeff Roland