[OS X TeX] Re: TexShop Configuration

Christina Schatzman x.schatz at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 20:03:30 CET 2007

Herbert Schulz <herbs at ...> writes:

> You've got to run bibtex after a run of pdflatex. Then you run
> pdflatex two more times to enter the bibliography and (cross)references.

I try to do this, but get hung up on the bibtex run (which is undoubtedly
the problem with my footnote/endnote issue as well.) Despite having the
bib and style inserted, I get the error:

This is BibTeX, Version 0.99c (Web2C 7.5.5)
The top-level auxiliary file: globalart02_207.aux
I found no \bibdata command---while reading file globalart02_207.aux
I found no \bibstyle command---while reading file globalart02_207.aux
(There were 2 error messages)

> You can do this automatically >
> %!TEX TS-program = pdflatexmk
> >
> The latest version of TeXShop, 2.10beta8, already has the latexmk
> engines but you've got to move the Engines folder out of ~/Library/
> TeXShop/, (re)start TeXShop and then set it up via the instructions
> in the new Engines/disabled/ folder.

I have downloaded pdflatexmk, but am having difficulty with the Engine
directions here. When I move the Engine folder out of ~/Library/TeXShop/
where do I put it? When I simply moved it over into the Library but out of
Engines and restart TeXShop, I get new engines for latexmk, pdflatexmk,
XeLaTex, xelatexmk, and XeTex, but no instructions in a /disabled/ folder.

Am now having success with inserting the .eps files thanks to everyone's
advice. I now have graphicx with epstopdf and have guaranteed the
options under the preferences-->engine are correct AND left
off the file name extensions. No problem now.

Thanks for any insight here,
Christina