beamer and: Re: [OS X TeX] TexShop Configuration

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Tue Feb 20 20:01:34 CET 2007

At 7:10 PM +0100 2/20/07, Roussanka Loukanova wrote:

>Without this fix, I get various beamer files in loop with pdflatex.
>And even after that fix, the command latex does not process beamer
>files. (I do not know if this is normal or not: at some point we
>were supposed to use only pdflatex with beamer.) For example, if I
>have a beamer file with lines
>
>\includegraphics[width=0.6\textwidth]{file.jpg}
>  or
>\includegraphics[width=0.6\textwidth]{file.pdf}
>or
>\includegraphics[width=0.6\textwidth]{file.png}
>
>the command latex exits with:
>
>! LaTeX Error: Cannot determine size of graphic in picture.png (no
>BoundingBox).
>
>LaTeX exited abnormally with code 1 at Tue Feb 20 18:56:40
>
>I would appreciate some feedback if this is not supposed to be so,
>and any information about it anyway. But most likely, this is a
>question to some beamer list.

the latex - dvips route accepts only .eps files, and not .pdf, .png, .jpg etc.

the pdflatex route doesn't accept .eps but accepts the other sorts.

So this is normal behaviour that has nothing to do with beamer.

Alan

--
Alan Munn
amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages   Fax.  +1-517-432-2736
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824       Tel.  +1-517-355-7491