[OS X TeX] TexShop Configuration

Christina Schatzman x.schatz at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 06:42:05 CET 2007

Hi Everyone,

Hoping someone will suffer a newbee patiently. I am new to mac and
tex on mac, having recently switched over from using miktex with
winedt on windows. I have downloaded Texshop 2.09d using the Apple
install package from Koch at UOregon; therefore, I've got Wierda's
TeX, TeXShop, BibDesk, Excalibur, and the i-Installer. I can typeset
the simple examples without difficulty. Unfortunately, when I try to
typeset more complicated files that I have brought over from windows,
no go. Specifically, I can't seem to get Texshop to:

(1) read in my .bib file made previously in bibtex (get an error: I
found no \bibdata command & I found no \bibstyle command--I do have
both the \bibliography{X} & \bibliographystyle{X} commands specified)

(2) insert .eps files, despite using \usepackage{epstopdf} to convert
them to .pdf

(3) get Texshop to compile footnotes or endnotes

If anyone could provide some insight, I'd be very grateful. Feel as
though I'm reading in circles.
Thanks,
Christina