[OS X TeX] XeLaTeX, fontspec and Latin Modern fonts: It doesn't seem to work

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Feb 17 13:22:39 CET 2007

On Feb 17, 2007, at 5:40 AM, Franck Pastor wrote:

> I don't how to switch to the xdvipdfmx driver with TeXShop! And I
> precise that the open type version of the Latin Modern fonts are
> installed, both in "/Library/fonts/Latin Modern" and also in "/usr/
> local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/fonts/opentype".
>
> An idea on where the problem lies?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Franck Pastor

Howdy,

With TeXShop 2.10beta8 you can get extra engines for xe(la)tex that
use the xdvipdfmx driver. Temporarily move the Engines folder out of
~/Library/TeXShop/ and (re)start TeXShop. This will create a new
Engines folder with an internal folder with the extra engine files
and instructions. You can then move the contents of your older
Engines folder into the new one.

You might also want to do the same thing with the bin folder since
some new files are there if you want to use the latexmk engines (also
new).

Hope that using one of the xdvipdfmx engine files will solve your
problem.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)