[OS X TeX] Is it possible to speed up rendering in TexShop?

Signups signups at norvelle.org
Fri Feb 16 12:58:05 CET 2007

Greetings all,

As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I am writing my doctoral
thesis in LaTeX.  Currently it is only about 40 pages, but will
eventually run to about 200.  A problem that I am running into is that
every time I want to render a preview, XeTeX (the engine I am using) has
to regenerate *everything*.

I'm wondering if there isn't some way to speed things up, so that it
doesn't take half a minute (or more) every time to produce the PDF.  I
have an older Mac (G3 900mhz) so optimizations to speed things up will
come in very handy.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,
Erik Norvelle

Universidad de Navarra