[OS X TeX] Problem when reinstalling MathTimePro fonts in TeXLive

André Bellaïche abellaic at math.jussieu.fr
Tue Feb 13 10:11:26 CET 2007

Le 13 févr. 07 à 06:11, Bruno Voisin a écrit :

> Le 13 févr. 07 à 02:35, André Bellaïche a écrit :
>
>> I moved from gwtex to TeXLive, and I got into some problems when
>> reinstalling pctex MathTime Pro fonts.
>>
>> mtpro2.map is in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/map/dvips/
>> mtpro2/
>> All .tfm files (68 files) are in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/
>> fonts/tfm/pctex/mtpro2/
>> All .pfm and .pfb files (136 files) are in /usr/local/texlive/
>> texmf-local/fonts/type1/pctex/mtpro2/
>> The only .sty file (mtpro2.sty) and the five .fd files are in /usr/
>> local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/latex/local/mtpro2/
>>
>> I have run sudo texhash and sudo updmap --enable Map mtpro2.map
>
> Does it change a thing if you run instead:
>
> sudo -H updmap-sys --enable Map mtpro2.map
>
> I think (but am not sure) that without the option -H, updmap
> doesn't read /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/. Accordingly it has
> probably failed to find mtpro2.map when you ran:
>
> sudo updmap --enable Map mtpro2.map

Dear Bruno,

I cannot be sure, but I think that actually I ran updmap with the -H
option.

First, I used your fonttutorial-current.html

Second, when I ran it this morning, I got

sudo -H updmap-sys --enable Map mtpro2.map
Password:
updmap: This is updmap, version 1167072206
updmap: using transcript file `/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-var/
web2c/updmap.log'
updmap: initial config file is `/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-config/
web2c/updmap.cfg'
updmap: configuration (updmap.cfg) unchanged. Map files will not be
recreated.

Third, the behaviour of TeXShop/TeXLive is still the same.

André