[OS X TeX] mathbbol.sty in gwTeX and TexLive-2007

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Mon Feb 12 11:44:00 CET 2007

Hi Pete,

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 11.02.2007 um 21:04 schrieb Roussanka Loukanova:
>
>> \usepackage{mathbbol}
>
> It looks as if this package by Jörg Knappen could only work with the font
> parameter files by John Sauter ? or a Sauter enabled LaTeX format.
>
> Which symbols do you want to use?

The double brackets in math mode(s) that I included in the small sample
.tex file, i.e. the following two:

\Lbrack \Rbrack  %% requires mathbbol

\llbracket \rrbracket  %% requires stmaryrd

> Have you already checked Scott Pakin's
> ?Comprehensive list of LaTeX symbols??

Yes, I found the above double brackets in this manual.

What you say above, that mathbbol may require some extra things, makes me
think that, perhaps, stmaryrd is the easiest way to produce the double
brackets. But mathbbol gives the brackets some extra bold effect, which
seems good.

Roussanka