[OS X TeX] biblatex authors delimiter

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Mon Feb 12 10:12:40 CET 2007

On 12.02.2007, at 09:54, Simon Spiegel wrote:

> On 12.02.2007, at 09:38, Alex Hamann wrote:
>
>> I tried to look into the issue a little more and I actually do not
>> think it is a citestyle problem. The behaviour seems to be defined
>> in biblatex.def, not in any of the bbx or cbx files:
>>
>> % Delimiters used in citations, bibliography, list of shorthands
>>
>> \newcommand*{\multinamedelim}{\addcomma\space}
>> \newcommand*{\finalnamedelim}{%
>>   \ifnum\value{liststop}>2 \finalandcomma\fi
>>   \addspace\bibstring{and}\space}
>> \newcommand*{\revsdnamedelim}{\addcomma}
>> \newcommand*{\andothersdelim}{\addspace}
>
> Sorry, didn't have time to look into this. Maybe later today.
> Anyway, if it's in biblatex.def, you can easily redefine it.

Ok, had another short loot at this, and now, I know at least, why I
didn't encounter this myself: I have set up the name formatting
completely by my own. I do agree, that the way it is set up in
biblatex.def is not correct for German, so this is a bug. You can
either overrule this with your own style or contact Philipp.

simon
> simon
>>

>> Cheers,
>> Alex
>>
>> Am 10.02.2007 um 23:44 schrieb Simon Spiegel:
>>
>>> From a very short glance this seems to be a problem in the
>>> specific citestyle and not of biblatex per se. I'll have  a
>>> closer look tomorrow.
>>>
>>> simon

>>> --
>>> Dr. des. Simon Spiegel
>>> EDV-Koordinator
>>>
>>> Seminar für Filmwissenschaft
>>> Plattenstrasse 54
>>> CH-8032 Zürich
>>> +41 44 634 35 37
>>> www.film.unizh.ch
>>>
>>> Büro: Wilfriedstrasse 6, Raum 006, +41 44 634 35 06

> --
> Simon Spiegel
> Steinhaldenstr. 50
> 8002 Zürich
>
> Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
> Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39
>
> http://www.simifilm.ch
>
> "In a world getting more and more democratic, film directing is the
> last
> resort for dictators." Francis Ford Coppola

Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50
8002 Zürich

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

"I have never been certain that the moral of the Icarus myth is, as
is generally accepted, 'don't fly too high', or whether it might also
be thought of as: 'forget about the wax and feathers, and do a better
job on the wings." Stanley Kubrick