[OS X TeX] Two TeXShop problems: no language selection / no help

Josep M. Font jmfont at inicia.es
Sun Feb 11 11:26:19 CET 2007

Hi,

With TeXShop 2.10beta7 (just installed), I cannot put it in English:
the menus, etc., show in Spanish, my system language. If I go to Get
Info > Languages, this window remains all greyed out; the languages
are there, all checked, but it is not possible to uncheck all of them
except English, which is what I did in the past to obtain TeXShop in
English. Actually, it is not possible to click inside that window at
all.

I have ownership and read-and-write permissions. I can change the
language, with the said method, for other applications. I did so with
previous versions of TeXShop. Having the program in English is
important to share bugs, tricks, etc.

Another problem: I get no help ("Ayuda"). The Help Viewer shows a
blank screen.

???

JMaF