[OS X TeX] New MacTeX Packages

Rolf Schmolling rolf.schmolling at alumni.TU-Berlin.de
Thu Feb 8 22:37:21 CET 2007

Hello!

After installing the new TexShop beta 5 the macro editor doesn't show
the macros.

What did I do:

Installed the new beta of Texshop, before opening it the first time I
renamed my macros-folder and template-folder.

Then I opened the TexShop_beta5, and those folders where recreated.

I have set up some shortcuts for the macros and wanted to recreate
them. The window of the macro-editor is empty even though the macros
are shown on the menus (and work).

Anybody else seeing this?

MacBook Pro 2.33 10.4.8 German system, using gwtex via Mactex
installer (about two weeks old will update when I find the time)
Any ideas? Hints? Requests for logfiles?

Greetings,
Rolf

Am 07.02.2007 um 19:57 schrieb Richard Koch:

> Folks,
>
> There are new versions of
>
> 	TeXLive-2007
> 	TeXLiveMTS-2007
> 	MacTeX_Additions
> 	mactex.tar.gz
>
> at
>
> 	www.tug.org/~koch/NewPackages.html
>
> These versions are based on the experimental TeXLive release of
> February 6. The February 6 version of TeXLive is probably the
> release version, so these could be the release versions of the
> packages.
>
> TeXLive-2007 contains an  unmodified standard release of TeXLive.
> It doesn't fix problems in the release or add extra files because
> these should come from TUG experts rather than an obscure third
> person.
>
> But in this release there is one exception to the rule. At the very
> last moment, Jin-Hwan Cho, the author of DVIPDFMx, submitted a
> revised version of simpdftex with the ability to use DVIPDFM or
> DVIPDFMx instead of dvips and a distiller to convert dvi files to
> pdf files. I certainly didn't want to replace simpdftex at the last
> moment, but I added Cho's script , giving it the name simpdftex_dpmx.
>
> In your GUI interface to TeX (or from the command line), you can
> replace "simpdftex" with "simpdftex_dpmx". There should be no
> change because Cho's script is a superset of simpdftex. But there
> are now two extra flags: --dpm if you want to use DVIPDFM and --dpx
> if you want to use DVIPDFMx.
>
> MacTeX_Additions and mactex.tar.gz contain TeXShop 2.10beta5. This
> version can also be obtained at
>
> 	www.tug.org/~koch
>
> from a link in the middle of the page. It is not yet available on
> the TeXShop home page. This version fixes some bugs, but it has two
> significant changes:
>
> 	1) The default template folder contains an XeLaTeX template. To
> obtain it, remove the Templates folder from ~/Library/TeXShop and
> run TeXShop to regenerate the folder. Then merge your revised
> templates back into the folder.
>
> 	This template uses Will Robertson's style files to simplify font
> selection; I hope it will allow new users to experiment with a wide
> variety of fonts and thus understand the advantages of XeTeX.
>
> 	2) The Engines subfolder of ~/Library/TeXShop contains a subfolder
> titled "Inactive" with additional engines. The default engine list
> is simple for new users, but others can add these engines easily.
> There are engines for XeTeX and XeLaTeX which call xdvipdfmx rather
> than xdv2pdf. There are also engines by Herbert Shulz to call John
> Collin's latexmk script. These last engines require support files
> in ~/Library/TeXShop/bin, so you may need to regenerate both the
> Engines and bin subdirectories.
>
> Dick
> koch at math.uoregon.edu

Rolf Schmolling M.A. Historian, Rolf.Schmolling at Alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
http://rolf_schmolling.macbay.de/