[OS X TeX] Creating a Sensible PDF Document

Philipp Mathey pmathey at uwo.ca
Wed Feb 7 19:56:26 CET 2007

Thanks Bruno !

I was in fact using xdvipdfmx together with the "-p letter -q -E"
option. Good to know that this suffices. By the way, the option "-q"
is not listed. Does it stand for "quiet" or something ? I think it
suppresses some
command line output.
I tried a little experiment by compiling a document with
"xelatex -no-pdf ..." and then "xdvipdfmx (-q -E) ..."  and then
sending the resulting pdf file it to
some server running Linux. It seems the -E didn't
have any effect on the size of the resulting pdf file.  I could read
the pdf file
on the Linux system, using xpdf, with or without the -E option.

Thanks,
PM