[OS X TeX] Re: MacOSX-TeX Digest #1997 - 02/06/07

Chabot Denis chabotd at globetrotter.net
Wed Feb 7 17:41:44 CET 2007

Hi Alan,

I tried your suggestion but my document would not compile.

I call many packages:
%&program=pdflatex

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{geometry}
\geometry
{verbose,letterpaper,tmargin=1in,bmargin=1in,lmargin=1.25in,rmargin=1.25
in}

\usepackage{array}   % to get "p" columns raggedright in tables
\usepackage{longtable}
\usepackage{fancyhdr}
\usepackage[title]{appendix}
    \renewcommand{\appendixtocname}{Annexes}
\usepackage{booktabs} % ``Proper'' table layout
\usepackage{multicol}
\usepackage{multirow} % to merge cells vertically
\usepackage{graphicx} % Add graphics capabilities
\usepackage{rotating}
\usepackage{pdflscape}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[full]{textcomp}
\usepackage{txfonts}  % I need Times Roman
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
\usepackage[english, francais]{babel}
\usepackage{placeins}    % wanted to try \FloatBarrier

\usepackage{titlesec}     % pour facilement avoir des titres de
section en majuscules
	\titleformat*{\section}{\bfseries\Large\MakeUppercase}

\usepackage{natbib}
	\bibliographystyle{cjz_v3}      % home made style (makebst)
	\bibpunct{(}{)}{;}{a}{}{,}  	% to remove comma between author and year
	\renewcommand{\bibsection}{\section{\refname}}
\usepackage[margin=10pt,font=small]{caption}  % without this, had a
hard time controlling font size in captions of longtables. The
automatic "Table" word was not changed when I changed font size for
the rest of the caption. This fixed the problem

\usepackage
[colorlinks=true,linkcolor=blue,citecolor=red,bookmarks=true]
{hyperref} % Hyperlink capabilities, should load last

I was not sure which of these packages was causing a conflict. I
tried them all and your option works if I remove the call to
hyperref. Alternatively, I can leave the call to hyperref and remove
the line
	\titleformat*{\section}{\bfseries\Large\MakeUppercase}

The doc compiles, but of course I lost my capitalized section headings.

Anybody has a solution for such conflict?

By the way, I tried replacing the titlesec package you suggested with

\usepackage{sectsty}
	\sectionfont{\upshape}

but for some reason this never gave me upper case section headings.

If only I could get rid of the uppercase requirements, which I find
ugly, all would be fine. But I cannot.

Cheers,

Denis