[OS X TeX] MacTeX (Latex) installation on user space

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Mon Feb 5 18:42:52 CET 2007

On Feb 5, 2007, at 10:53, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 05.02.2007 um 02:17 schrieb Adam R. Maxwell:
>
>> i-Installer allows you to do this with gwTeX (unless Gerben
>> recently changed it).
>
> Adam,
>
> there is one problem with i-Installer: it uses Apple's
> authorisation framework whenever I used it was running like in
> sudo. Does it make a difference in this behaviour when it's told to
> install in the $HOME branch? And then there is the script, as with
> MacTeX, that changes /etc/profile and /etc/csh.login ...

I don't know about the scripts, but AFAIK there is a confirmation
dialog before this change is attempted, so you can skip that part.

As for actually installing the TeX package in your private tree:

- open the package in i-Installer.
- go to the "Pkg Properties" tab.
- change the install location
- uncheck the "Authentication required' checkmark.

I'm not sure if i-Installer itself can be installed at this moment,
given that it now comes in a apple installer package for security
reasons. Is that Apple package relocatable?

Maarten