[OS X TeX] MacTeX (Latex) installation on user space

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Feb 5 02:03:47 CET 2007

Am 05.02.2007 um 01:03 schrieb Amit Jayant Shirsat:

> I have specific question related to installing MacTex.
>
> Since i am using a .edu domain shared disk space i cannot install
> the software with admin privileges. Can i install it in my user space?

No. The MacTeX package installs into places as given by internal
files that control this behaviour. It should work to change such a
file's contents, but then other files are run to change files in /
private/etc that set the PATH to TeX executables, or a series of
'sudo updmap' and 'sudo texconfig' are run ...

Getting the TeX Live distribution from CTAN might work. A single
script installs all (or parts of) the software. Maybe it accepts a
target where to install ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

Work is the curse of the drinking class.        — Oscar Wilde