[OS X TeX] Marvosym.map and marvosym.pfb

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Mon Feb 5 00:13:53 CET 2007

On Feb 4, 2007, at 02:25 , Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Have gwTeX mostly up and running but discovered a problem with
> marvosym. There are two different marvosym.map files in
> texmf.texlive and no marvosym.pfb that I can find.
>
> Do I have this wrong?

No, you have this right and it is a bug. During the transition I
copied a set of .enc and .map files from old teTeX (Jan 2005) on top
of my TL subset (Jan 2007), one of which was marvosym.map. The reason
was that old map config files would fail without teh availability of
old maps and there was no time to analyze every single issue. And
having the old map files was at that time better for most users than
not having the map file that was mentioned in their updmap config.

The teTeX stuff will be removed soon now as I have started to look at
the issue. This is a leftover of the transition.