[OS X TeX] Using TeXShop with TeXLive

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Sun Feb 4 18:02:28 CET 2007

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007, Holger Schulz wrote:

> Am 2007-02-04 um 15:07 schrieb Herbert Schulz:
>
>> Do you have files in your personal tree (~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/...)? If
>> you have any that relate to pstricks or color they may be out of date.
>
> Yepp. I removed an xcolor and a beamer folder, now it seems to work again.
> I've installed those since they were more current when I had the old
> distribution.

Also, it seems we should continue doing the following fix recommended by
Till Tantau (it should be somewhere on the beamer website):

fix in

/usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.texlive/tex/latex/beamer/beamerbaseboxes.sty
/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/tex/latex/beamer/beamerbaseboxes.sty

replace the line

  \setbox\bmb at colorbox=\hbox{\color{lower.bg}}%

by the line

  \setbox\bmb at colorbox=\hbox{{\pgfpicturetrue\pgfsetcolor{lower.bg}}}%

That should make many color problems go away. For example, without this
fix, you will get covered text that doesn't uncovers (like, e.g. the word
"hold" on p.24-25 of beamerexample5.pdf)..

Roussanka