[OS X TeX] Marvosym.map and marvosym.pfb

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Feb 4 16:14:27 CET 2007

On Feb 4, 2007, at 12:06 AM, Axel E. Retif wrote:

> On Feb 3, 2007, at 19:25, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> Have gwTeX mostly up and running but discovered a problem with
>> marvosym. There are two different marvosym.map files in
>> texmf.texlive and no marvosym.pfb that I can find.
>
> I'm still using gwTeXLive 2007/01/25 21:24:31. I, too, have two
> marvosym.map files; one in
>
> /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.texlive/fonts/map/dvips/marvosym/
> marvosym.map (which kpsewhich says is the one used)
>
> the other in
>
> /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.texlive/fonts/map/dvips/misc/marvosym.map
>
> but both are identical. I have marvosym.pfb in
>
> /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.texlive/fonts/type1/public/marvosym/
> marvosym.pfb
>

> Best,
>
> Axel

Howdy,

Besides a possible problem with picking up the wrong marvosym.map
file (actually, it looks as though the right one was picked up since
kpsewhich seems to pick things up alphabetically and `marvosym' comes
before `misc' --- but I still think it is ``dangerous'').

What I can't find is the umvs.tfm file for the marvosym font. I've
downloaded and installed the marvosym package from CTAN into
texmf.pkgs and all seems to work ok now.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)