[OS X TeX] Hyperref breaking

Nathan Paxton napaxton at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Feb 2 02:40:06 CET 2007

	\url seems to mostly solve the problem, as long as one uses latin/
computer modern.  if you want to use another font, then you get
overfull hboxes.
	What I did to solve that problem for this document (admittedly this
is kludgy) was to set the monospace font to be the same as the roman/
main font.  The breaks worked out nicely then.  But any other
solutions for non-c/l modern?

-N

On 1 Feb 2007, at 8:00 PM, TeX on Mac OS X Mailing List wrote:

> Subject: Re: [OS X TeX] Hyperref breaking
> From: "Roussanka Loukanova" <rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se>
> Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 01:25:01 +0100 (CET)
>
> On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, Themis Matsoukas wrote:
>
>> On Jan 31, 2007, at 1:27 PM, Nathan Paxton wrote:
>>
>>> 	In the output, the link runs off the page, when I use this syntax.
>>> \href{http://www.registrar.fas.harvard.edu/handbooks/student/
>>> chapter2/academic_performance.html}{http://
>>> www.registrar.fas.harvard.edu/handbooks/student/chapter2/
>>> academic_performance.html}
>>
>> Use \href{link}{\url{link}}. This will work but will still run the
>> margins
>> somewhat because the url is hyphenated at the slashes. Perhaps
>> there are ways
>> to control the hyphenation inside \url but I don't know how.
>

> It seems that \url{link} is sufficient, and the extra \href is
> spurious.
> I.e.:
>
> \usepackage{lmodern}
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \usepackage[latin9]{inputenc}
> \usepackage{textcomp}
>
> \usepackage{url}
> \usepackage[unicode,bookmarks,colorlinks]{hyperref}
>
> \url{http://www.registrar.fas.harvard.edu/handbooks/student/
> chapter2/academic_perfor
> mance.html}{http://www.registrar.fas.harvard.edu/handbooks/student/
> chapter2/academic
> _performance.html}

----------
Nathan A. Paxton
Ph.D. Candidate
Dept. of Government, Harvard University

Resident Tutor
John Winthrop House, Harvard University

napaxton at fas.harvard.edu
http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~napaxton
When you have to stay eight years away from California, you live in a
perpetual state of homesickness.
         - Ronald Reagan

The most courageous act is still to think for yourself.  Aloud.
         -Coco Chanel