[OS X TeX] Page origin problem with TeXLive and dvips

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Feb 1 17:55:30 CET 2007

On Feb 1, 2007, at 10:47 AM, Roberto Avanzi wrote:

> Now the commands are
>
> simpdftex tex --maxpfb --distiller="ps2pdf13 -dAutoRotatePages=/None"
>
> and
>
> simpdftex latex --maxpfb --distiller="ps2pdf13 -dAutoRotatePages=/
> None"
>
> the result, when I invoke typesetting is
>
> Unknown option --distiller="ps2pdf13
>
> and replacing the spaces with a \ followed by a space does not
> help either.  Nor does using alternative types of quotation symbols.
>
> And, again, would not that override the chosen distiller and
> break the options in TeXShop to choose between the Apple
> Distiller and GS?
>
>  cheers
>
>    Roberto

Howdy,

Sorry to have you experiment so much. Try replacing the = by a space:

--distiller "ps2pdf13 -dAutoRotatePages=/None"

and if that doesn't work we'll have to think about it for a while :-(.

If you have Apple's distiller chose there might be a problem; letting
TeXShop use GS should not present a problem since that is the default
used by simpdftex.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)