[OS X TeX] Full page image as cover

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Fri Dec 28 09:08:59 CET 2007

On  27 Dec, 2007, at 13:27, Manuel wrote:

> Good morning, all. After installing TexShop 2.14 on OS 10.4.11, and
> also after getting over some initial confusion and perplexities, I
> managed to produce my first article with TeX. I love it. For my
> second, I need to have an image occupy the whole first page, with
> no margins or text whatsoever, then a blank page, then the page
> with the title, author, etc.
>
> I couldn't find a solution in the documentation. Perhaps someone
> here could help me?

For a non-commercial book

http://www.lmtgtm.org/gtm/book/librogtm.pdf (beware: 6MB)

I needed a full page without margins for the frontispiece. I used the
sidecap package with the wide option, and then, for this particular
case,

\thispagestyle{empty}
\begin{figure}[h!]
\vspace*{-8.5pc}
\begin{wide}
\hspace*{-6.6pc}\includegraphics{frontispicio_cred_8pt}
\end{wide}
\end{figure}

Best,

Axel