[OS X TeX] A small bug of TeXShop

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Sun Dec 23 12:22:16 CET 2007

On 23 Dec 2007, at 12:05, Stéphane Lejoly wrote:

> I try to have a new engine, Latex-Asy-Latex, with texshop,  to run
> latex - asymptote - latex :
>

> #!/bin/bash
> bfname="`basename "$1" .tex`"
> simpdflatex latex --maxpfb --distiller ps2pdf14 --extratexopts --
> shell-escape "$1"
> asy "bfname".asy
> simpdflatex latex --maxpfb --distiller ps2pdf14 --extratexopts --
> shell-escape "$1"
>
> but it don't work  TeXShop return :
>
> Can't find required tool
> Latex-Asy-Latex does not have the executable bit set
>
> What's wrong ?

Exactly what the message says. The engine is not executable.

To fix this do

1. open Terminal
2. navigate to the directory where you have put  the engine file.
3. type chmod +x filename

where filename is to be replaced by the name of the file you are
making executable (Latex-Asy-Latex.engine).

Then try again.

BTW. The next time don't hijack a thread. Start a new thread for a new
post.

regards

Berend