[OS X TeX] files in ~/Library/texmf

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Dec 18 22:10:36 CET 2007

On Dec 18, 2007, at 2:54 PM, Alan Munn wrote:

> At 2:16 PM -0600 12/18/07, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>> On Dec 18, 2007, at 1:54 PM, Alan Munn wrote:

>>> why does bibtex called within TeXShop find my bib file, but bibtex
>>> called from the command line doesn't?
>>>
>>> Alan
>>>

>> Howdy,
>>
>> What does the [following] command return:
>>
>> kpsepath -n bibtex bib
>
> /Users/alan/Library/texmf/bibtex/
>
> Which is different on my other machine, which bibtex works fine from
> the command line.
>
> So how do I change this, and how did it get like this in the first
> place?
>
> Alan

Howdy,

Are you sure you're using MacTeX on that computer? Do you have a TeX
Distribution system preference pane? If so, is it set to be using the
MacTeX distribution?

I assume you're only giving a relevant part of the output of that
command. That is typical of the earlier teTeX distribution.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)