[OS X TeX] files in ~/Library/texmf

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Tue Dec 18 17:17:18 CET 2007

For some reason (pdf)latex can no longer find files in my local texmf
folder, even though I haven't (AFAIK) done anything recently to
change it.  Among the things is now fails to find are:

png files stored in ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/graphics
bib files stored in ~/Library/texmf/bibtex/bib
bst files stored in ~/Library/texmf/bibtex/bst

All of these used to be found with no problems.  The problem seems to
arise whether or not I call latex from the command line or from
within TeXShop.

If I move the files to the same directory as the file I'm latexing,
then things work.

Can someone give me some suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?  (I
swear I haven't changed my system recently (running MacTeX on OS
10.4))

Thanks

Alan

--
Alan Munn
amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages   Fax.  +1-517-432-2736
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824       Tel.  +1-517-355-7491