[OS X TeX] TeXShop 2.15

Thomas Rike tricycle222 at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 10 07:20:19 CET 2007

Excuse me if this is slightly off-topic. I was hoping that this
download of TeXShop 2.15 would fix my problem with QuickLook, but it
did not. I see that the Info.plist now has the addition of
<string>public.plain-text<\string>, but I was unable to get that to
work for me (MacBookPro 2.16 GHz) when it was first discussed.(See the
thread Leopard QuickLook and TeX about 10 days ago.)  I re-installed
the update 10.5.1, but that didn't work either. On the command line
qlmanage -r  results in "resetting all generators", but then qlmanage -
m  ends with the statement "generators change detected: NO". qlmanage -
t -c public.plain-text /Users/trike/Desktop/Untitled.tex will force
using  content type UTI: public.plain-text with a thumbnail image
produced, but that is a one-time affair, it does not set the generator
for future use.

At startup I continue to get the message "Dock[150] [QL ERROR]
Generator database update takes too long... we will use what we
currently have" which seems to be saying that the database will never
be updated unless I can find a way to force it. In fact my entire dock
crashed one day in Leopard and I had to restart the computer to get it
back. If anyone has a clue for what I might try to get QuickLook to
update its database to include .tex files, please let me know. Thanks,
Tom Rike