[OS X TeX] Permission denied error with Alphatk and TeXshop

John Burt burt at brandeis.edu
Thu Dec 6 23:40:54 CET 2007

I am attempting to set up Alphatk to work as the external editor for
TeXshop. I have done this on another machine, but I can't seem to do
it on my own machine. I used the "help applications" panel to select
TeXshop as the help application for pdflatex (and the other relevant
commands). But when I send my file from Alphatk to TeXshop I get an
error message reading
couldn't execute "/Applications/TeX/TeXshop.app": permission denied.

Does anyone know how I can change the permissions of TeXshop so that
Alphatk can call it?
thanks
Jophn