[OS X TeX] Leopard Quick Look & TeX

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Sat Dec 1 23:54:49 CET 2007

On Dec 1, 2007, at 2:40 PM, Alain Matthes wrote:

> Le 1 déc. 07 à 21:32, Adam R. Maxwell a écrit :
>

>> On Dec 1, 2007, at 12:25 PM, Alain Matthes wrote:
>>

>>> hello
>>>
>>> I tried the method with Texshop without success and after I tried
>>> the method with TextMate
>>> always without success.
>>>
>>> It's very frustrating !
>>
>> Did you try my suggestion to Thomas Rike earlier in this thread?
>> In terminal try
>>
>> qlmanage -r
>> mdls somefile.tex
>> qlmanage -p somefile.tex
>>
>> and post the output of the latter two commands.
>

> yes with the texshop's method :
>
> PetiteReine:~ ego$ mdls /Users/ego/Boulot/SANDBOX/essai.tex
> kMDItemContentCreationDate     = 2007-10-29 22:31:30 +0100
> kMDItemContentModificationDate = 2007-10-29 22:31:30 +0100
> kMDItemContentType             = "org.tug.tex"
> kMDItemContentTypeTree         = (
>    "org.tug.tex",
>    "public.text",
>    "public.data",
>    "public.item",
>    "public.content"
> )

This is why it's not working.  The UTI org.tug.tex needs to conform to
public.plain-text, which in turn conforms to public.text.  What is
your UTExportedTypeDeclarations?

Because you have a UTExportedTypeDeclarations entry that claims .tex
files, the Info.plist I posted for TextMate will not work for you,
since it uses UTImportedTypeDeclarations (which won't override someone
else's UTI).  If you change that .plist to use
UTExportedTypeDeclarations and set TextMate as your default viewer, it
will likely work...but that may cause conflicts with other programs,
since TextMate declares a huge number of files.

--
adam

--
adam